J's Gym - Next Level Fitness

Kid's Training Program

Obesity is a chronic disease in the U.S. that affects people of all ages and demographic groups.

Obesity plays a major role in the development of many diseases such as Typ-2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and some cancers.

Studies show that obese children are likely to become obese adults.

The likelihood of an obese child becoming an obese adult increases significantly if the obesity condition persists into adolescence. At 4 years of age, an obese child has a 20% chance of becoming an obese adult; by adolescence, the odds increase to 80%.

What is most alarming is that not only is weight gain increasing at all ages of childhood, but the most significant increases have been closer to the adolescent ages.

In the last thirty years, the number of overweight 2-5 year-olds has doubled while the number of overweight 6-11 year-olds has tripled. Studies indicate that weight-loss treatment for overweight children has not been very effective, with “80% - 90% returning to their original weight percentile.”

What does seem promising is that some success in maintaining long-term weight-loss has been seen in 6-12 year-olds when lifestyle changes (dietary and physical) have been implemented.

J's Next Level Fitness recognizes this problem and has developed and implemented programs to assist kids in preventing this problem.

Call today or complete our online appointment form to schedule a free fitness evaluation for you child

 

 

© 2010  J's Gym  All Rights Reserved.    Towson, MD 21204
Site Designed & Hosted by: Z Internet Solutions

Phone: 410-825-3600
E-mail: info@jaysnextlevel.com